♪ (punk rock music) ♪ (Finebros) Okay, so it is that time again where you are not reacting
to a video today. Okay. I’m hesitant. (chuckles) (Finebros) Instead you’re going
to be reacting to a clothing fad – from the ’90s…
– Oh. Okay, I’m, like, really excited right now. (Finebros) …that many teenagers
used to wear called JNCOs. I have no idea what that is. JNCOs? JNCOs? What is JNCOs? – (Finebros) What do you know about JNCOs?
– Nothing. Never even heard of it. Is it a type of rain jacket? A clothing item shaped like Jenga? You have to piece them together? I know as much about it
as you told me right now. (Finebros) Well, we have a pair
to give you to get your thoughts. Okay. – (Finebros) Here are JNCOs.
– (laughs) So they’re jeans? These are ridiculous. Are you kidding me? Why are the butt pockets so big?
It’s like my forearm! They should have had these now. I mean, look, you could fit
an iPad in there. It’s bigger than my head. These are so wide. You can physically put
your head all the way in. These are so ugly. People actually wore these? ♪ (punk rock music) ♪ (Finebros) So what are
your first thoughts? (laughs) Come on, guys. The legs are like the width of my body. It’s not my style, but it’s really cool. These look like pants that
you would garden in if you were 50. I know ’90s is where,
like, over-sized clothing, but this is ridiculous. To be honest, I’d rather
see this on people than, like, the tight
skinny jeans we wear now. (Finebros) There were
other types of these, – including smaller ones for girls.
– Oh, of course. ‘Cause this would look great on chicks. It’s still so ugly. So unnecessary! They’re not skinny jeans, definitely. I hate the little design. I guess they’d be really comfortable. Maybe if they were like flair,
where they’re tight in the legs and then flair up,
but this is just like…whoof! (Finebros) And there also
were really giant ones, – including one style called Mammoths.
– (snickering) Wait. (catching breath) This is like something
Fat Albert would wear. Look at this! (laughing) These are huge. These are so big. They actually have the mammoth on it. Oh, who would want that on their butt? I’m just surrounded by fabric right now. I want to wear these to school
and just see if I get beat up. They’re so ugly! Look at these things. They need to be burned. (Finebros) So JNCO was a company. And in the ’90s, their ultra-wide,
straight-legged denim jeans became popular for male teens. Did you know this was a thing people wore? No. No! I don’t get it. This is insane. I had no idea. I’ve never
seen these before. I did. My brother had a couple pairs. I don’t know why anyone
would like wearing pant legs bigger than their body. (Finebros) So the main group
that started to wear these – were skaters.
– Okay. (Finebros) But then it branched out and was worn in the metal scene,
the rave scene, the goth scene, – and even the hip-hop scene.
– Really? I mean, I guess I can see it
in the hip-hop community. (Finebros) Sales in 1998
peaked at $186.9 million – worth of JNCO jeans.
– No. You swear? – (Finebros) I swear.
– You lie. How did I never know about these? (Finebros) Can you believe that
kids your age were wearing this? No. I don’t get it. I couldn’t see anyone
actually rocking these. I can, but these are so ugly. Like, how did they find these attractive? I could totally believe it. I mean, the stuff that
we wear now I can’t believe. I’m mind boggled.
I feel like it’s so cool. (Finebros) What are the styles
of jeans that people wear now? Skinny jeans. Black skinny jeans. The high-waisted pants. Boot cut or boyfriend jeans. Stuff that completely constrain
everything and they suck. (Finebros) Another part
of this was the artwork. This? (Finebros) What do you think
of the idea that they would have various types of logos
on the jeans for you to buy? I guess it’s like wearing
a T-shirt now with a logo on it. It’s actually really smart
to make each one a little unique. I guess it adds an extra aspect of style. I don’t mind that. Some of them
might actually look cool. As long as my butt pocket’s
not bigger than my leg, I’m okay. (Finebros) Do you know
what’s gonna happen next? I’m gonna have to try them on. – (Finebros) We want you to try a pair on.
– All right. Which ones? I kind of want to put on these ones
just ’cause they’re so big. (nervous squeal) This is not cute. I don’t even have
to take my shoes off for this. Look how big the pant legs are. (laughing) Oh, look at that. That can fit my entire foot,
like, straight. How do I look, guys? It’s like wearing a jean dress. What was someone thinking? What was the thought process here? Urkel here. The pockets– they go down
all the way to here. This is unnecessary. Oh, that’s uncomfortable.
More than uncomfortable. That’s the most uncomfortable thing
I’ve ever felt in my life. You’re not capable of walking in these. You are not– this is– no. I like ’em. And then if, like,
you feel self-conscious, then you have another
pair of pants under it. So it’s like– it’s perfect. (Finebros) How do you think this happens, that something that used to be popular, and now, not too many years later, you think it’s crazy
to wear jeans like this? I think ’cause style changes
so much so fast. It’s just weird right now,
because they’re like 100%, 180 of what I normally wear. Trends change. I’m kinda glad this one did. (Finebros) So the ’90s is when
we were teenagers so we had JNCOs. (laughs) You did not wear these. (Finebros) In fact, we have
a picture of Rafi wearing them – when he was 17.
– Stop. I would love to see that picture. (snickering) (laughing) Yes. (laughs) Oh my gosh! No! They don’t look as bad as I thought. I mean, you look really cool. You look like you think
you’re really cool. Raf! They’re so big and they
don’t look good at all! (Finebros) This is actually
from a movie that we made – 15 years ago.
– Oh, man. That’s, like, when I was born. (Finebros) We have a very quick clip
of Rafi from our movie, Community Service. Would you like to see? Yes, very much so. It’s like Benny/Rafi history day. They’re so baggy. – (in video) …strip him nude…
– (laughing) (in video) …kick the [bleep] out of him. – ♪ (metal riff) ♪
– So metal! Sick hair. Slade! Aah! I’m gonna call you Slade from now on. Yes, that’s so awesome.
You’re so hardcore. You’ve come so far; I’m proud of you. Oh, that’s awesome. I still don’t understand the pants. (Finebros) So finally,
you might be wondering why we’re choosing now to do this episode, and it’s because it was
just announced that JNCO jeans – are going back into production.
– No. (Finebros) What’s your prediction? – Will this become a thing again?
– Maybe. No. I’m sorry, no. I really hope to god no. If it gets big,
I’m not doing it. I refuse. I don’t want to see
my children wearing these. I don’t want to see
my grandchildren wearing these. I never want to see these again. Thanks for watching
another episode of Teens React. Let us know what other fashion styles
we should react to next. But these… this… these… no. New episodes of React
come out every single week, so make sure you’re subscribed. Goodbye. I hope these
stay dead, to be honest. ♪ (punk rock music) ♪