– (FBE) Ready to recreate this TikTok?
– No. – (slams table) Yes!
– No. ♪ (haunting music) ♪ ♪ (rock intro) ♪ – (FBE) So, William, have you ever
made a TikTok before? – Oh, gosh!
– Oh. No. No. – No. What is that? A what?
– Oh, no. – A TikTok?
– I have not, but… – (both laugh)
– My youngest daughter brushes her teeth doing it.
She’s eating it doing it. The entire day,
she’s doing ’em. – (FBE) Well, in this episode,
you will be making some of your own with a little help
from your kid, who is probably more familiar with the platform.
– (laughs) – Okay. You guys hate me.
– (both laugh) – I don’t like TikTok
as a platform. I don’t like it very much.
– Am I gonna like it? – Probably, knowing you.
– (laughs) – You like everything
I don’t like. That’s the thing. – You’re right. You’re right.
– Yeah. – (FBE) We’re going to be going
through four popular TikTok trends from this month
and having you guys recreate them.
– Fun! This is fun.
– Okay. – Oh my gosh!
It’s a bonding experience. I’m so excited.
Please just don’t become more famous than me.
Other than that, we’re fine. – I’m not gonna lie.
I love doing TikToks here with you guys,
so let’s keep doing this. (claps) I’m liking this.
Here we go. – (FBE) As a heads up to our audience,
we’re going to have to change out the music from this episode,
but if you want to see all of the TikToks in their original form,
you can follow us on TikTok. – Yes, if you go to FBE on TikTok,
you could see all the good stuff there. – (both laugh)
– (FBE) The first trend that we have was actually all over the internet
and not just this app, but it started when people claimed
that NASA said that one day a year, you could stand
your broom straight up. – Ooh, okay. That’s right. – We did that. (snickers)
– We did that. – I did this.
– Mm-hmm. Yeah, she did. – (laughs) I was so excited.
– (FBE) Well, some TikTokers got a little creative with this.
So, this is the #BroomChallenge. – All right.
♪ (eerie music) ♪ – (chuckles) – Oh, they did a lot of it. Okay.
– That’s amazing. – Yeah.
– I wish you could do this all the time.
– I’ve never tried to make a broom stand up.
Is that with tape? – No, no, no.
It’s just the bristles, if you do them in just the right way,
it can support the whole broom. – It was just a day that NASA said
that the gravitational pull to the core was so strong
that if you put a broom, it would stand up.
– It’s not actually that. – Okay. Sorry.
– Basically, we have to see if the center of equilibrium
falls below the half of the length of the product, then the product
will stand straight. – There’s your lesson of day. You are welcome.
– I’m a physics students. Sorry. – (both laugh)
– After I tried it, I went through NASA’s Twitter,
and I was like, “They didn’t say this.
I just tried this like a fool.” – (both laugh) – Wait, there’s no way that’s a thing.
– Zach King, so good. – (Zach) Hm. That’s odd.
♪ (haunting music) ♪ Oh!
– (man) You got it? – That’s creative.
– That’s cool. – (man laughs)
– Dang. Zach King is literally the coolest person on Earth.
– (Zach) Oh! – (man) You got it?
– Oh my god. – (Zach) I got it!
– He’s so good at illusions. – I’m so confused.
– He started out on Vine, and he would always do
these crazy illusions. – A hot Cheeto. – Oh my god.
– (both laugh) – That’s what she told me.
She was like, “Well, wouldn’t everything
be able to stand up then?” – (woman gasps) Oh, [bleep]!
– (laughs) – (woman) It worked, y’all.
It’s standing up. – (laughs)
– (woman) Oh, [bleep]. – It’s Lizzo!
That’s who it is! – (chuckles)
– (Lizzo) Damn. – What is that?
– It’s– (laughs) That’s a Cheeto.
Do you know the things I eat? – I know. You eat Cheetos.
And they made it– it’s– – It was the broom day, right? – Oh, okay!
– Everyone was using their brooms, so she put her Cheeto instead.
– Cheetos instead of broom. Okay. – I’m trying to make sense
out of it, of what they’re trying to do with it,
looking for expectations, and there isn’t one,
or I’m missing something here. – I think it sounded
just true enough to where it’s not a big deal,
but it’s just something that– The average person
hasn’t tried to stand up a broom, so we believed it.
– Yeah. – I don’t know.
– No, don’t say “we.” – “We” as the internet.
– Okay. – I’m speaking for the internet,
not for you. (chuckles) – (FBE) Ready to recreate
this TikTok? – No.
– (slams table) Yes! – No.
– So, how do you wanna do this TikTok?
– Actually, I was thinking you start something,
and then I take the– I go like this.
And then I just go ba. – I’ll sweep like usual,
and you do nothing with it as usual.
It makes it easy, right? – Yeah. (chuckles)
– Okay. – Oh! There we go.
I like that. – (Will) Leviolas. ♪ (haunting music) ♪ – (FBE) So, this next one
looks like it actually started before this month,
but really has taken off in February, and it’s a simple trend
where using the Face Zoom filter, people change their facial,
people change their facial expressions. – I like that one.
It’s funny. (chuckles) – I don’t think I’ve seen that one.
– You’ll see. ♪ (upbeat music) ♪ – Ah, I love Addison. – (laughs)
– Just making faces. – I don’t understand.
She’s just literally making faces? – Um, that’s it?
So, no visual effects or anything? Just doing that?
That was kind of lame. – I’m not a big fan of this trend.
It’s nothing creative. It’s nothing funny.
It’s nothing out of the box. You’re just making faces.
– With few seconds, she could show different faces,
different expression, the fraction of second.
Very nice. That’s hard to make that expression
with the given short time. – Yeah.
♪ (upbeat music) ♪ – (laughs) It’s so dumb. – There we go.
That’s a good one. – (both laugh) – You know what?
As long as they’re out of trouble, they’re entertaining themselves,
(claps) no problem. They could do that all day.
Totally fine with it. ♪ (upbeat music) ♪
– Okay, she’s funny. I know her. Okay.
– She’s so funny. (claps) I love this girl.
– Whoa. – She’s already going.
– (laughs) – (laughs) – (laughs)
That was funny. – She’s a queen. We stan her.
– Oh, really? – Yeah.
– Wow. We stand her. – Stan.
– Stand. Stand. Stand. – Stan. Not stand.
S-T-A-N. – Stan.
– Yeah. – Yeah, we stan her.
– We do. (chuckles) – Okay.
– I think that’s just goofy, and it’s quick enough to where
it keeps your attention span and you can kind of
just keep watching them without getting bored.
– Mm-hmm. Everybody likes making goofy faces.
– Yeah. – (FBE) Ready to try it out?
– Are you ready? – Yeah.
– This is my first ever TikTok too, so… all right.
Let’s see how this goes. (chuckles) ♪ (upbeat music) ♪ – (FBE) Our third trend
is about fluid dynamics and how to achieve
a laminar flow, where a fluid can flow
with no disruption between the layers,
making it look motionless. – Oh. Okay, okay,
I’ve seen that. Okay. ♪ (tranquil music) ♪ – Uh-huh.
– Okay. – Oh!
– Look at tha– oh! – Wait a minute.
– Whoa! – Oh! How the heck?
– That’s like– it looks like it’s frozen.
– Oh, I like that. – Okay, that was cool. Okay. See, that’s what I want.
– Yeah, I liked that one. – That’s what I wanna see.
– Yeah. – #science.
– It looks like an icicle. Because we don’t see
any kind of movement, it looks like completely frozen,
like solid. It’s nice. ♪ (suspenseful music) ♪ – That is so cool!
I can’t wait to try this in the house. – Cool, right?
– (both laugh) – Just shocked that this
is what’s exciting people. – I mean, it’s fine. It’s just cool.
– You’ve seen it once, you’ve seen ’em all.
There’s nothing exciting about that. It’s a stream of water.
– I’ma try that in the house. – No, you’re not.
– Yeah. – (laughs) No, you’re not.
– I’m gonna try that in the house. I’m excited.
– You’re not. You try it outside. Not in the house.
– Uh-uh, in the house. – (FBE) We are gonna have you guys
try that one out. – Nice. All right. Cool.
– Just in one spot? – You know how it was kind
of like the number sign? – Oh! (laughs) ♪ (suspenseful music) ♪ ♪ (tranquil music) ♪ – (FBE) So, we got one last one.
– Okay. – This is where you find out
what your new name is by taking off the first and last letter
of your name and seeing what it would sound like.
– Okay. (chuckles) – Nz!
– Mine would be Axo. Sounds edgy. (giggles) ♪ (electro music) ♪
– Jason. – Aso. – (man) Hey, [bleep]!
– (both laugh) – I expected that.
It’s an easy guess. – That one was creative.
I like that one. – I feel like it more
depends on what you put after the name is gone.
I feel like that’s where the creativity
really comes into play. ♪ (electro music) ♪ – (turtle) Ahh.
– (chuckles) – That’s so sad.
– That is funny. – A.
– (turtle) Ahh. – No! NO!
– What was that? – No! It’s a turtle.
It’s a turtle. – What’s wrong with that?
– It’s a turtle. It’s a turtle. – It’s just goofy,
and it’s really creative to be able to find a clip
that makes that sound. – Yeah, because you would sit there
and just be like, “Ah.” – Ah!
– I thought that was super funny. I love it.
I just love the sound that they’re able to connect
with that word. There’s like a situation
for every single couple of letters, so I think it’s super funny.
– (FBE) Ready to try this one out? – Yeah, let’s do it! (claps)
– Yeah. Yeah, let’s go for it. ♪ (electro music) ♪ – (creature) Raid!
(boom) ♪ (electro music) ♪ – (goat screaming) ♪ (electro music) ♪ – ♪ I’m illy, I’m illy ♪
♪ I’m illy ♪ ♪ I’m ill, I’m ill ♪ – (FBE) Papa Will.
– Yes? – (FBE) How did you enjoy
making some TikToks today? – It was a very interesting concept.
Yeah, it was very good today. – So fun! He’s such a good sport,
so I really appreciate that. – It’s pretty cool.
Actually, he asked me before if I wanted to do one with him.
I said, “Next time.” You should do it with me and Grandma.
– And Grandma. Yeah. The older generations!
– Just making TikToks is already gruesome enough.
Trying to explain it to someone that still doesn’t understand it
even after you’ve explained it, so just frustrating.
– I used to think it was for a younger, younger,
younger generation, but it seems like everything
you showed me was teenagers and adults. It’s not my deal.
– Yeah, that’s basically how it is. – (FBE) So, as a parent to a kid
who’s growing up in such a social-media-focused world,
do you have any concerns maybe with something–
maybe TikTok specifically or just social media?
– As a parent, no. I have no qualms about her
getting into social media. But like all parents,
there are limitations to some of those things
that, you know, you make the right decision,
you make the right choices, where, you know,
safety is a concern. – As long as everything
is within good taste and people are respectful online,
I don’t have a problem with it. You know, it’s the way
the younger generation communicate nowadays.
– Parents should monitor now and then what is happening,
but not doing a policeman job for every posting.
The fact that you are watching it, for the kids,
make them to be more conscious what they publish.
– (FBE) Finally, do you think that you guys will be making
more TikToks together in the future? – Yes.
– No! – Yes, we will. Yes, we will.
We will be making more TikToks in the future.
– Ow! – For sake of her, I’ll do it.
– Awww, thanks! – Yes.
– Yes. – We will.
– Yeah? – Yeah.
– Watch for it. – Stay tuned. (chuckles)
– Stay tuned. – (laughs)
– Watch out. – She may not be interested,
but I’ll try it out with my wife to see how we like it.
– I’ll follow it, but I still won’t make a TikTok.
– I’m gonna go do a TikTok tonight with my husband,
and I’m gonna post it! I’m gonna go viral!
Do you hear? Viral. – Thanks so much
for watching this episode. Shoutout to CuteIcyAndy.
– What are your favorite TikTok trends?
– Let us know in the comments. – Bye!
– Buh-bye! – Hey, everyone.
Lauren, producer here at FBE. Thank you so much
for watching this episode. Make sure you guys go follow
our TikTok page, @fbe. I’ll see you guys there. Bye!